You can get experience the real rural country of Sri Lanka, natural beauty and eco systems, Wildlife and also the opportunity of interacting with Sri Lankan aboriginals, Veddhas.
- Our trekking guide will meet you in Kandy
- You will be transferred from Kandy 22 kms on Mahinyangana road and then another 18 kms inland by a van where you will be starting the trek through home spice gardens, vegetable fields, rice fields, tea plantation, pigmy forests and plateaus. The trek is approximately about 8 kms one way and its 16 kms in total. At the end of the trail you would be able to swim at a base of a nice waterfall. You are expected to encounter with species such as Deer, Barking deer, Deer monkey and various types of Lizards. In this trek you will be climbing from 1200 ft to 1850 ft. On the way back you will be able to do some bird watching. Picnic lunch will be provided.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Knuckles mountain Forest camp above 1200 ft from the sea level
- After breakfast you will be trekking through tea plantation, pine forest, a typical Kandyan village and rice fields. This is a circular trek which is approximately about 18 kms. Village culture and bird watching are some of the highlights of this trip. You will be then transferred to Mahiyanganaya in a vehicle. Reach the camp by 20 minutes traditional catamaran ride. You will be spending this night in a camp by an ancient lake
- Do an early morning bird watching and witness the spectacular sunrise while riding a traditional catamaran (canoe) and come back to the camp for breakfast. Trek to a beautiful waterfall. Then you will be driven for a one and half hour drive to Dambana Veddha Village to visit Veddhas. Overnight stay with Veddhas amidst a roaring campfire
- Experience the Veddha’s way of life. Hunting techniques, baby cradling and their traditional dances. You will also have the chance of meeting with the tribal leader.
- Transfer to Wasgamuwa National Park
- Afternoon game drive in Wasgamuwa National park
- Dinner and overnight stay in Aligama Cottage
- After breakfast at Aligama Cottage, transfer to Pitawala Plains by vehicle
- Nature trail in Pitawala Pathana and Visit Mini World’s End
- Hike Riverstone hill
- Trek to waterfall followed by a scenic tea estate trail
- Trek through a Kandyan village experiencing day to day activities of a village and visit an ancient temple in Kandy at the end of the trip
- All meals from day one lunch to day five lunch
- All mentioned activities and sights seeing fees
- Accommodation at mentioned hotels or similar on the meal basis mentioned in the itinerary and below
All rates are in US Dollars
Children Rate -per person
- Knuckles Mountain Camp
- Veddha Village
- Wasgamuwa Safari Game Drive
General Terms and Conditions will apply